<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 11, 2003

"What Would NausicaƤ Do?"

A problem of having led an essentially feckless life is that when one is called upon to have a moral center, one is often found wanting. At these moments, it is useful to have a model of moral and ethical behavior to draw from. And so, when I am faced with a difficult choice I try to ask myself "What would Miyazaki's NausicaƤ do in this situation?" It's a way of asking: "What is the brave, fair, and gentle response to this problem?", something that I truly believe exists in every case, despite our near constant failure (both as individuals and as a species) to find it.
Yes, it's an utterly geeky thing to do. But I'm oddly comfortable with that.


WWND?




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?