<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

"When There's Nothing Left to Burn"

BLAH. Creative work has always been a thorn in my side, has always driven me just plain nuts. In the past I've used emotional problems, existential dread, and some vague need for purity as excuses for not splattering out all the stuff that's inside. But I really love my current one:

"I can't type."

Or more specifically "I can't type without looking at the keyboard."

See, it's actually a valid excuse, because looking back and forth between the screen and the keyboard breaks up my "flow", so I can't get to "that place" where "great art" "happens." I'm quite pleased with this little rationale. It's the most creative thing I've come up with in years.

Oh, and writing in longhand is for Moleskine-humping pantywaists.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?